Tuesday, November 8, 2016

What are these guys doing?

I am parked
In front of a music building
Lit by orange lights

Listening to JFK speeches
About peace
Humanity
Freedom
Dignity
Examination
and integrity
In light of this current circus show

Two men
One with a basketball
The other with animated gestures
walking and talking
notice my car

Something in their conversation changes
And their motion quickly directs towards me
Their pace picks up

They must not see me inside
Because harmful smiles emit from their faces

What are they going to do?
Break in?
Vandalize?
Throw trash in the back?
Kick my headlights?

I wish I was invisible to find out
They finally notice me inside

and suddenly jet in a different direction
One clearly says, "Oh fuck!"

Laughs ensue

I maintain eye contact with the basketballer
Confused
He continues to stare
with an alpha male charge

They continue walking away

What were they going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment