Friday, January 13, 2017

Me, myself, and my sister

Me: Hey kids. You both are up so late. What are you doing?

Both: We're just watching DirectTV. Our mom and dad are in their bedroom.

Me: It's 1am. Do you usually stay up this late?

Nicholas: I dunno.

Me: Nicholas and Demi, right? And how old are you?

Both: I'm 10... I'm 6.

Me: Well tell ya what, if you guys would like I can watch a short episode of something with you. Do you like Spongebob Squarepants?

Demi: Yeah, we recorded a bunch of episodes on a video tape once.

Me: Oh sweet! Isn't that Patrick Star guy goofy as heck?

Both: Haha yeah he is and squidward is just grumpy all the time but he seems sad too.

Me: Yeah, he does seem sad doesn't he?
You know what, you both look pretty tired! Are you feeling tired?

Both: yeah kinda... I guess so (yawns)

Me: Well how about this, since it's pretty late and you both look like zombies, if you went to bed now you might be able to get up in time for a cool breakfast I had in mind. What do ya think?

Both: Breakfast? What breakfast?... Yeah, who's breakfast?

Me: Haha Well yours of course! I have a couple things I can make you in the morning and we can put a Spongebob episode on after it's ready . What do you think?

Nicholas: Ummm...

Me: Come on it'd be fun. And after that if you both would like to get out of the house you could join me on a couple errands for the day. Make it a little day trip! I have to go to the music school and do a couple things. I can play piano for you too. You play don't you, Nicholas?

Demi: He has only played the little keyboard thingy on my leap pad thingy. He keeps using it all the time. :/

Me: ahh that's right. Haha. Well maybe we can take his playstation and play some games without him! No I'm just kidding. But lets find something you'd like to do tomorrow too.

Nicholas: I havent played a real piano.

Me: well who knows, maybe you'll get your chance in a couple days. My dad got me a keyboard for my 11th birthday a long time ago. Then I really started getting interested. Hey you turn 11 in a couple days don't you?

Nicholas: yeah!
Demi: how do you know that?!
Nicholas: and why are you in school? You're old...

Me: Didn't I tell you I'm a wizard?!

Both: like Harry Potter!

Me: Haha maybe more like one of those nicer Slytherins. And instead of Hogwarts its more like Warthogs-trying-to-do-music school.

Both: Huh?

Me: Nevermind hahaha. Well what do ya say? A good night's sleep sounding pretty good about now?

Both: yeah! Do we have to brush our teeth and that stuff though?

Me: you guys can worry about that tomorrow. However, I do need to brush mine
 
Both: What about our mom and dad?... Yeah

Me: Well, it looks like they're doing their own thing, yeah?

Both: ...

Me: Well, you can too! We'll have a blast tomorrow okay? Have a good night! Sleep fast!

<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment